December 14, 2010

Just Say You Love Me


Just like Never Existed Before by Minnie Riperton, Patti Austin's Say You Love Me is one of those classic 70's jazz vocals. End of a Rainbow is Patti Austin's debut album released in 1977. While the album didn't reach the top of the jazz charts, this one
song solidified her position as one of my favorite jazz singers of all time.

The song is a classic, but it was the whistling solo in the middle of the song that I truly enjoy. When you can't sing like myself, the whistling part of the song gave me an excuse to belt out my whistling skills without fear of embarrassment. I can't recall exactly when I learned how to whistle but I can guess that Say You Love Me had something to do with it. Listen to the song several times and I can guarantee that you'd be whistling along just like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment